Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quite the soiree!

Friends, I have three words for you: Heavy hors d'oeuvres! 
Admist the tables of cheese and fruit, trays of grilled asparagus, chicken with Thai satay sauce, stuffed mushrooms and these heavenly pastry things that I didn't catch the name of were brought right to us by the staff at the Convention. Ahhhh...a pregnant woman's dream-delicious food she didn't make and food that comes right to where she is! 
Finally!!! Debbie Ratliff  (my sponsor, mentor, kick-in-the-butt-believe-in-yourself friend) and Peter and I. I had met her the night previous and we spent a long time bending her ear while she sipped on her MOJITO, but here we are hanging out and smiling big as the tray of stuffed mushrooms heads our way! Love you Debbie!
My handsome man, Peter, and Rolf  from Holland. This guy is so sweet and even though his eyes are closed he needs to be mentioned! Such a classy guy!
Me, the soft spoken General Ann Faulk and my comrade Ray Tarver. Ray and I would challenge each other on our Mission to Manager calls about who would be manager first...and he won! Isn't there a saying about "may the best man win?" 
Drew and Leigh Anne Lockerbie.  After I lost to Ray, I challenged Drew on our mission to manager call that I would beat him to Manager. But Drew won! We were screaming for him when he crossed the stage and we met him for the first time shortly after that. We really hit it off with these guys and had a great meal with them. Thanks Leigh Anne for the tip about the Southwestern Egg rolls--delish! (Hey Drew, you do less than most people do-haha! Ask Drew about it...great story!)

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

A book will be coming out shortly on "How to do less than most people and still get to Manager."!!!!!

Great blog and awesome pictures. We sure had one fabulous time in Kansas City!
I've been meaning to post some of our pix of Convention on my blog, but just haven't done it yet. Seeing yours will prod me onward! Great job!
Love u guys!